Operation Engineer/Technical Manager
Request Number : OPS-010938-002
Location : Mirabel (Quebec)
Organisational Unit : 11200-International Operations
Organization Profile :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world's leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position :
Employment opportunity for an Operations Engineer/Technical Manager (2nd shift) supporting the NGPF PW1500G A220 Podding Facility (PQUAD) and Final Assembly Line (FAL) at the Airbus Airframe manufacturing site in Mirabel, Canada.
The selected candidate will support the production of the entire nacelle buildup, deemed Podded Power Plant and Pylon (PQUAD), a first of its kind, and the FAL working in conjunction with onsite teams from Collins Aerospace & PWC personnel, P&W Operations, and Airbus.
Specific responsibilities of position :
The Operations Engineer/Technical Manager's main responsibility is to provide engineering support to daily 2nd shift operations for all technical related issues at PQUAD and FAL. The support consists of but not limited to:
Qualifications required :
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with 7-10 years of experience.
• Master degree is an asset.
• Bilingual (English and French).
• Experience in Production or In Service Support role mandatory.
• Understand internal/external customer requirements with a high attention to detail.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving, project management and decision-making skills.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Powerpoint.
• Ability to assimilate knowledge and ability to obtain results in a fast paced, high performance and high stress environment.
• Basic knowledge and exposure to CARs/FARs (Airworthiness regulations).
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve using applicable Fault Isolation Manuals (FIM).
Field of studies : Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information :
- This position is on a standard 2nd shift schedule.
- Support may be needed beyond regular hours.