We're all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial and military customers worldwide. Launched 50 years ago out of Canada's Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 1,000 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
WE'RE GROWING IN HAMILTON!
Location: YHM 9500 Airport Road, Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario Canada L0R 1W0
Ideally situated halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls, on the shores of Lake Ontario, Hamilton offers a multitude of lifestyle benefits. With a rich history and culture, spectacular nature and distinctive urban feel, Hamilton is the perfect playground for outdoor enthusiasts.
You will never be short of things to do with a multitude of hiking trails, breathtaking waterfalls and boating all located within close proximity of the city. In addition to the vast number of outdoor activities, Hamilton also offers a host of award-winning restaurants, shops, museums and concert venues.
It's a destination that unfolds in surprising ways, from its stunning natural beauty to a vibrant culinary scene. However, you spend your time, let your sense of adventure guide you to new and exciting places around this dynamic, authentic destination!
IT'S YOUR CAREER. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
We have exciting opportunities for 10 full-time permanent Mechanical AME's (NOC Code 7315) in Hamilton, ON. Our Hamilton facility supports B737 NG, MAX, L382, Twin Otter, Buffalo & Boeing 757 aircraft.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (Mechanical) perform heavy maintenance, repairs, and modifications and are expected to be able to demonstrate a high level of technical proficiency and perform the following functions:
· Display thorough working knowledge of aircraft systems on multiple aircraft including
· Air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics
· Engage in basic trouble shooting on assigned tasks`
· Aircraft servicing and operations
· Complete daily inspections
· Receive and depart aircraft
· Familiarity with the functional operation of the aircraft and perform run ups from right seat
· Perform independent critical and non-critical systems checks (i.e. oxygen, fuel, batteries)
· Safely operate all ground equipment
· Towing aircraft - able to perform all positions
· Complete basic inspection tasks
· Inspection of aircraft in accordance with service bulletins, airworthiness directives and aircraft manuals
· Inspection and assessment of aircraft components and airframe including engines, landing gear, flight controls, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic systems to locate defects or other problems in accordance with appropriate documents
· Aircraft maintenance and repair
· Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
· Source appropriate tooling, test equipment or ground support equipment
· Maintain engines and components including fuel systems, anti-ice, ignition, fire extinguishing, exhaust, oil and engine indicating systems
· Maintain aircraft systems and components including landing gear, airframe fuel, hydraulic and high pressure pneumatic, flight control, cabin environment, ice/rain protection, fire protection/detection, and doors/interiors and emergency equipment
· Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components
· Ability to measure cable tension and adjust control cables
· Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments if required
· Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories
· Carry out operational tests of engines and aircraft systems
· Ability to provide solutions for defects while carrying out repairs
· Source appropriate calibrated tooling for the jobs
Documentation & Administration
· Ensures appropriate documentation is completed accurately and on time and submitted to a senior Technician or Shift Lead for ACA approval
· Sources required technical information in maintenance manuals
· Ability to complete ERP processes and procedures correctly
· Clear up log book snags
Applying safe work practices in all job duties, including:
· Wearing all appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
· Understanding and applying the Risk Management System
· Understanding and applying Health & Safety Policies
· Maintaining good housekeeping and cleanliness standards
· Understanding and applying safe handling practices with the aircraft
Certification & Experience
· Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) License and minimum 1 year experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
· Equivalent license from foreign country (would be considered unlicensed in Canada) and minimum 5 years of experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft; or
· Minimum of 7 years' experience performing maintenance and/or modifications on commercial aircraft, including large Boeing Aircraft.
· Unlicensed mechanics are expected to have the willingness and qualifications to obtain a Transport Canada license within 1 year.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Willing to take initiative
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to learn and understand KF organizational systems and work flow
· Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Able to effectively train apprentices
· Ability to accept constructive criticism
· Basic computer skills and familiarity with Intranet
· Willing to pursue additional company training as required
HOURS OF WORK
· Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
· Flexibility to work any type of shift
LANGUAGE OF WORK
· Work is conducted in English
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
Transport Canada Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers(with at least 1 year of experience) earn an hourly wage starting at $29.57 up to $37.37 with room to grow into Senior and Shift Lead roles. There are 12 Licensed AME levels.
Hiring Bonus available for ACA holders (ranges from $2,500 to $12,000—conditions apply)
Unlicensed experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers(with at least 5-7 years of experience) earn an hourly wage between $30.10 and $31.56 based on experience and/or certification obtained outside of Canada. There are 5 Unlicensed AME levels.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
· Health and Dental
· Short & Long-Term Disability
· Health Spending Account
· Paid vacation and Personal time off
· The opportunity to bank overtime
· Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
· Employee & Family Assistance Program
· Free financial advice
· Uniform allowance
· A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the AME-M position at kfaero.ca/careers today!
Positions are located in Hamilton, Ontario
9500 Airport Road, Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario Canada L0R 1W0
For further inquiries, please contact:
Human Resources Assistant