Marine Systems Service Representative
Our Dartmouth, NS team is looking for an experienced Marine Systems Technician to join their team!
Our Marine Systems Technician's are responsible for installing, verifying, inspecting, servicing, and modifying fixed fire protection systems while ensuring compliance to codes and standards in accordance with customer’s contract (CO2, Novec, FM200, Water Mist, Wet and Dry Chemical).
- Perform inspections of portable equipment including fire extinguishers, SCBA equipment and other life safety items as per local codes and standards
- Inspect, hydrostatic test and recharge of cylinders from fixed systems, air cylinders and portable fire extinguishers
- Maintain equipment in accordance with TC guidelines and ISO procedures
- Prepare inspection, verification and deficiency reports required by standards and codes
- Receive inventory, pick parts orders, package and deliver to our customers as required
- Responsible to keep inventory organized and notify of stock order requirements
- Develop and maintain high caliber relationships with clients, to ensure their full satisfaction in doing business with our company
- Be available for emergency after hours service
- Maintain knowledge of codes and standards
- Previous Marine Industry experience considered an asset
- Experience in Kitchen Hood, CO2, and other suppression systems preferred
- Minimum high school diploma
- Diploma or Degree in Fire Protection would be an asset
- Marine/Offshore experience an asset, working on board ships and off shore
- Certification and Strong knowledge of NFPA10 & TDG standards
- Valid drivers license with clean abstract and willing to travel
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd. offers an excellent compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits program. Discover a company committed to ensuring an environment that fosters employee and corporate growth while providing financial success to both.